Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dogvan2

The Dogvan is home. I put a battery charger on it and after a night charge, cranked the engine over a bit with the coil off to get the oil moving and then plugged it back in and it fired right up. let it Idle for a while and cleaned a bunch of painting crap out of the back and off I went! First stop the dumpster where I swept out all the smaller stuff and a ton of mouse crap. There was a portopotty in the back and it had been a mouse haus...

Then to the Powerhouse where I hosed the van down and completely out to get the mouse crap and dust out, filled the tires and drove it to the house. This beastie purrs! Clutch is good, the shifter works fine, the brakes grab well, its a running truck. There is a sticker over the fuel filler and I asked what that's about. "Any more than 5 gallons and it dumps on the ground, but I replaced the tank, so don't worry about it..."






Cage comes out tonight after dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment